Monday, October 17, 2016

The Oracle

This was both fun and frustrating to do. It's an attempt to combine two things I'm really interested in; the techniques of the impressionist painters like Sargent and the possibilities of 3D for illustration. I used a combination of Zbrush, 3DsMax, Bitmap2Material, Mental Ray, Akvis, and Photoshop to achieve this. Apart from modeling stuff myself in Zbrush (the cloth) and building the environment in 3DsMax, I also used some assets from Daz3D, TurboSquid, and CGtextures. However I did not use and photographs and tried to paint a lot of the stuff in that the original render missed. I wanted to see how far I could push Mental Ray and was very disappointing with the render times (a whole day) and I think that in the future I will switch to either Keyshot, Redshift, or Octane. There are a few things that I hope to improve on in the future but It's been a great learning experience that I hope I can share, if anyone is interested, with everyone at some point. Here's the render I painted on top on.

No comments:

Post a Comment